New Euro Harbor service helps enterprises meet strict new European data standards
Zettabox launches Zettabox Euro Harbor, a comprehensive service for US companies to comply with the upcoming, tougher data privacy regulations in Europe, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The new service is available to all US-domiciled telecoms operators, internet service providers, system integrators and others who act as “data controllers” handling private consumer data in Europe.
The European Parliament is now finalising the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will impose fines of between 2% to 5% of worldwide revenues on companies that fail to meet the new stringent regulations. Euro Harbour from Zettabox, a European-domiciled company, helps enterprises meet the new requirements by keeping your clients’ data in the EU in one of its 10 European data centres.
Zettabox’s Euro Harbor incorporates:
- A fully European cloud storage, backup and collaboration solution recognised by the European Commission;
- A revenue-sharing plan that helps telecoms, internet service providers, systems integrators and other non-EU domiciled data controllers drive new revenues with the Zettabox tool, offering US customers a fully European platform;
- A partner that gives you a data future outside of the United States by acting as your data controller in Europe.
Any data controller in the US with European customers can partner with Zettabox to implement the Euro Harbor platform. Here’s how it works:
1. The US company signs up for Zettabox Euro Harbor, and receives an API that allows them to route Europeans’ data to Zettabox servers in Europe.
2. The US company retains its relationship with the customer, billing them directly for the service – or choosing to have Zettabox bill the customer through our European payment gateway.
3. Relax. The Zettabox Euro Harbor is designed with compliance to European laws.
“The burden of complying with EU data privacy regulations while also complying with US regulations is a no-win situation for companies. Zettabox Euro Harbor is designed to make compliance with EU law easier for US companies,” said James Kinsella, founder, Zettabox.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @ VanillaPlusMag OR @jcvplus