CSP productivity rise and digital growth among goals for new BSS/OSS release
Cerillion has announced the general availability of Cerillion 8.1, the release of its enterprise business / operations support system (BSS/OSS) suite. This is a standards-based monetisation and customer engagement platform for fixed, mobile, cable and multi-service communications services providers (CSPs) worldwide.
Built around a new technology framework which puts both user experience and customer experience at the forefront of design, release 8.1 is said to deliver significant operational efficiencies whilst opening up new channels for growth. The highlights include:
- Intuitive user experience. Cerillion 8.1 enables a step change in productivity with a completely redesigned user interface offering context personalisation, task-based navigation and separate microservices-based apps, as well as smart search and the introduction of configurable keyboard shortcuts – all designed to increase customer service efficiency and reduce CSR training needs.
- Open integration. The new Cerillion Notification System works as a central service to communicate updates to external systems on a publish and subscribe basis, providing streamlined integration with other cloud-native and on-premise applications. The platform now also supports 14 of the TM Forum’s Open APIs, enabling seamless interoperability in the wider BSS/OSS ecosystem.
- Digital-first customer experience. Cerillion 8.1 drives user engagement via their mobile device – from initial in-app registration to a range of notifications which advise of key lifecycle events and marketing promotions, the customer’s first point of interaction with their service provider is now at their fingertips with the latest release of the Mobile App, available on iOS and Android.
- New revenue generation. The Mobile App also serves as a revenue generator, enabling frictionless in-app purchases such as top-ups and boosters, as well as driving up-sells and cross-sells which can be paid for seamlessly with prepaid credit or payment card. In addition, enhancements to the Enterprise Product Catalogue help CSPs to develop new revenue streams using flexible product segmentation rules to gain rapid access to new markets, and
- Increased operational efficiency. The core Cerillion platform has also undergone a major technology refresh, with upgrades to the Red Hat OS and Oracle DB versions, cloud deployment flexibility with a simplified installation process, and the implementation of Red Hat Single Sign-on (SSO) for centralised user authentication.
The software vendor reports that the upgraded solution is already under delivery to four customers, including a recently announced deal with Manx Telecom.