VanillaPlus and Frost & Sullivan survey – Part 1
Vanilla Plus and Frost & Sullivan together have undertaken a survey in various OSS and BSS fields. Below are a set of questions and answers and also responses that are received for each one of it, along with a graphical representation. Part 2 of the article continues tomorrow.
- Do you have a market-ready microservices strategy for OSS?
|a. Yes, and we are fully engaged with it||22.54%||16|
|b. Yes, but we are still evolving our implementation approach||21.13%||15|
|c. No, but we are looking at options||33.80%||24|
|d. We have no current plans to use microservices for our OSS-focused needs||22.54%||16|
2. Do you have a market-ready microservices strategy for BSS?
|a. Yes, and we are fully engaged with it||30.99%||22|
|b. Yes, but we are still evolving our implementation approach||16.90%||12|
|c. No, but we are looking at options||30.99%||22|
|d. We have no current plans to use microservices for our BSS-focused business needs||21.13%||15|
3. How confident are you that management silos can be eliminated in hybrid physical/virtual networks in order to create a unified view and management capability?
|a. It is impossible||7.04%||5|
|b. Not confident||28.17%||20|
|c. Somewhat confident||43.66%||31|
4. Are you currently engaged in any Central Office Re-architected as a Datacentre (CORD) efforts?
|a. Yes, and we are fully engaged with it||12.68%||9|
|b. Yes, but we are still evolving our implementation approach||15.49%||11|
|c. No, but we are looking at options||38.03%||27|
|d. We have no current plans to engage in Central Office Re-architected as a Datacentre (CORD) efforts||33.80%||24|
5. How significant an advantage does AT&T have with its “first to market” ECOMP virtual network platform, through which other CSPs can connect?
|a. Immaterial. All major carriers will develop their own platforms||16.90%||12|
|b. Somewhat significant. AT&T learns valuable lessons, gains significant mindshare||43.66%||31|
|c. Significant. AT&T puts itself in a position to influence the direction of industry development||25.35%||18|
|d. Very Significant. AT&T becomes the leader in digital service delivery and multi-party, cross-industry solutions||14.08%||10|
Digital services transformation – are we there yet? New analyst insight report
We’re delighted to bring you our specially-commissioned VanillaPlus Digital Transformation Insight. The Insight contains an exclusive Analyst Report written for VanillaPlus by Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan analysts Karl Whitelock and Troy Morley