Allot Secure Service Gateway launched for integrated network visibility, security and control
Allot Communications Ltd, a provider of security and monetisation solutions that enable service providers and enterprises to protect and personalise the digital experience, has unveiled the Allot Secure Service Gateway series.
This is said to be a first-of-its-kind product series that combines application-based visibility and control with web security and DDoS protection in a single, scalable appliance.
With mobility and cloud migration, enterprises need to ensure that employees and customers connect securely and work productively with mission-critical applications at all times and from any location. The new solution goes further than traditional WAN Optimisation Controllers (WOC) and Secure Web Gateway (SWG) solutions, enabling midsize to large enterprises to enhance productivity and protect their networks and users at scale with significantly lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
The Allot Secure Service Gateway platform reportedly provides:
- Complete visibility and control, utilising real-time application-based traffic monitoring and analytics to deliver granular application level visibility and ensure higher user quality of experience (QoE). Flexible policy tools enable network managers to align IT resources with business priorities, reduce the enterprise cyber-attack surface and increase productivity.
- Powerful web security, maximising the business value of cloud applications by detecting malware, phishing and other web threats, and blocking attacks before they harm application performance and user productivity.
- Scalability and lower total cost of ownership, integrating multiple functions in an Intel-based platform with high port density that scales from 1,000 to 100,000 users in a single appliance.
- High performance and reliability, allowing the same carrier-class level performance that Allot brings to many of the world’s largest network operators. Allot SSG offers flexible redundancy configurations plus passive bypass with automatic port failover, maximising uptime and availability.
- Robust DDoS protection, combining application-based traffic management alongside behavioral based DDoS mitigation engine to provide rapid anomaly detection and swift attack mitigation before they are able to disrupt network services and availability.
“The migration to mobility and cloud applications has introduced Quality of Experience, security, and shadow IT challenges for enterprise networks,” said Ronen Priel, vice president Product Management & Marketing at Allot Communications.
“Allot Secure Service Gateway helps businesses overcome these challenges in a more holistic way and at much lower TCO. We achieve this by addressing network visibility, performance, protection and productivity requirements across the entire network in one appliance instead of multiple appliances that are traditionally required.”
Allot Secure Service Gateway is offered initially in two models that meet the requirement of mid to large enterprises with up to 30Gbps of capacity. Mid-range: Allot Secure Service Gateway 600 (SSG600), and high-end: Allot Secure Service Gateway 800 (SSG800).
Further product and pricing information about Allot Secure Service Gateway is available on the Allot Communications website or through the local sales representatives and authorised channel partners.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @ VanillaPlus OR @jcvplus