Appmobi claims world’s first real-time mobile app cyberattack detection and resolution platform
Mobile security company, Appmobi has launched the Appmobi Protection Center, said to be a first-of-its-kind complete mobile security solution that detects and resolves attacks at the app level.
The solution was built to defend against any type of threat, and launches with support for common threat vectors like brute force login attempts, code injections, and reverse engineering. It is also completely customisable enabling IT teams to add custom events, rules, and protections.
Appmobi Protection Center takes mobile app security beyond passive monitoring, giving IT teams the ability to define actionable rules in order to protect company data – be it forcing a user to reauthorise, lock down access to corporate services, delete all app data on the device, block app access, force an encryption key rotation, notify an administrator, or send an alert to trigger an action by an existing EMM solution.
Protection Center utilises machine learning coupled with an IT-defined rules engine to analyse and process millions of events per minute, compares behavior to existing profiles, and recognises attacks in real time to automatically remedy any potential threat – all while freeing up massive amounts of time for IT teams. Appmobi Protection Center provides IT teams with unprecedented visibility into in-app activity, app threat identification and remediation, and app compliance, while simultaneously providing cost savings for companies worldwide.
“Security and compliance of mobile apps is challenging. EMM Suites have become the mobile app security solutions of choice for many enterprise IT organisations, and while these solutions work great at broadly protecting enterprises, they are extremely limited when it comes to protecting individual apps on a user’s device, which may come under attack,” said Mark Stutzman, CEO of Appmobi.
“Protection Center was developed to give IT leadership an easy-to-implement, app level solution that offers granular tracking and analysis of in-app activity, identifies security threats, and can take steps to resolve it in real time. We created AppmobiProtection Center to deliver a new level of easily implemented mobile app security that works with existing EMM installations or as a stand-alone mobile security solution. We believe we have accomplished that and more with Appmobi Protection Center.
The Appmobi Protection Center includes:
- A wide range of app activities tracked by default with the ability to easily assign protections based on a single activity or chain of activities;
- The ability to quickly and easily create event activities to be tracked based on an app’s specific use case;
- The ability to create custom protections based on rules created;
- All rules, default or custom, are fully editable and extensible as required by an organisation;
- Full logging and reporting on all rules that have triggered a protection to avert a potential security threat;
- The ability to invoke pre-defined automatic protections (wipe application data, force key rotation, disable APIs, etc.) for the most severe threat types;
- An intuitive, flexible rule builder for creating and managing custom rules, which can be managed by any IT team; and
- Easy integration of Protection Center into an new or existing native or hybrid mobile application.
Mobile security solution – The Missing Security Piece
The world grows more and more mobile every day. Gartner forecasts that “6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide just this year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020.” That means more mobile phones, tablets, and sharing of enterprise apps at a time when, according to a study by BT, “mobile security breaches have affected more than two-thirds (68%) of global organisations.”
Hackers are real and they are attacking mobile applications every day, which is why companies can no longer ignore the need for mobile app level security. Appmobi Protection Center is that solution and offers all organisations – enterprise, healthcare, financial services and others – the most advanced mobile threat detection and remediation platform available on the market today.
For a short video of how Protection Center works click here.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @ VanillaPlus OR @jcvplus